Welcome to the Alden House Bed and Breakfast providing in-town elegance since 1987. Our 1850 Federal style house, located in Historic Downtown Lititz, exemplifies in-town elegance. Whether you want a restful, romantic getaway, a comfortable inn or a convenient home-away-from-home, check out our Rooms & Amenities to see our comfy rooms and suites.
The Alden House has been professionally restored with modern amenities while retaining its original charm. We have cozy, standard rooms and spacious suites, as well as the Carriage House. Each guest room has its own unique décor and appeal. All have private baths. To the rear of the inn, we have private parking, which leads to our peaceful garden including a patio by a small pond and fountain. There are three porches for relaxing or watching life on Main Street—parades, shoppers, dog-walkers or the occasional Amish buggy.
We provide a full, hot breakfast that includes coffee, tea and juice; fresh fruit; main dish with local meat on the side; muffins or pastry; and dessert. We try to accommodate special dietary needs with advance notice. For the convenience of our guests, snacks and hot and cold beverages are always available. Look for the Jelly Beans and the Wilbur Buds in the candy dish near the front door.
Breakfast at the Alden House
Each guest is treated to a full breakfast each morning including
- Beverages,Coffee and Fruit
- Entree. Entrees might include omlettes, quiche or baked French toast.
- Breakfast meats (local bacon, sausage or ham)
- Breads or muffins
- Dessert (an Alden House specialty). Desserts vary from cakes, to delectable puddings, to homemade Danish and breakfast cheesecake.
There is ample off-street private guest parking behind the inn in our own parking lot. Access to our parking lot is off of Juniper Street, around the block. If you have a classic car or very long vehicle, contact the Innkeeper about using the “Innkeeper’s parking spot” during your stay. It is a little easier access and no other cars park near it.
Restaurants We Enjoy:
Joboy’s Brew Pub located on Main Street
- Tomato Pie Café, located on Broad Street
- General Sutter’s 1764 Restaurant, located down the street on Main
- Shady Maple Smorgasbord, located in Blue Ball
Appalachian Brewing Company located on Water Street
- Reflections, located in Leola
- The Chocolate Café, located on Main Street.
- Isaac’s, 1 mile on 501 S.
Additional links and information:
- Sturgis Pretzel House & Bakery Tour
- Wilbur Chocolate Candy Museum
- Lititz Springs Park
- Linden Hall School For Girls
- Lancaster PA
- Lititz shopping and information
- Pennsylvania Directory
Current weather for Lititz, PA.
Alden House Bed and Breakfast
John & Lynndell Eccleston, Innkeepers
62 East Main Street
Lititz, PA 17543