It’s Polo season. The Lancaster Polo club plays just 4 miles east of Lititz most Sundays – gates open at 1:00pm. http://www.lancasterpolo.org/
Welcome to the Alden House Bed and Breakfast! Our 1850 brick Federal style house, located in the center of the Historic Downtown Lititz, exemplifies in-town elegance. Within strolling distance of local attractions, unique shops, and fine dining, we have the perfect location to enjoy the ambiance of the town of Lititz while being centrally located in Lancaster County.
The Alden House has been professionally restored with modern amenities while retaining all its original charm. The high ceilings, striking staircase, cozy dining room, and comfortable guest rooms and suites all hearken to another era. For pictures and a detailed description of each room click on Rooms & Amenities.
Relax on one of our three spacious porches with a view of the garden, fishpond, and Main Street, and simply enjoy the good life. The Alden House brings you old-fashioned hospitality with all of the amenities one expects in today’s world. Come for a night, come for a week, come and be our guest!
Breakfast at the Alden House:
Each guest is treated to a full breakfast each morning including
- Beverages and Fruit
- Entree. Entrees might include omlettes, quiche, or our signature ploys (French Acadian crepes) with Wilbur cinnamon drops from the factory down the street.
- Breakfast meats
- Breads or muffins
- Dessert (an Alden House specialty). Desserts vary from cakes, to delectable puddings, to homemade Danish and breakfast cheesecake.
*We try to accommodate special dietary needs, including gluten-free items, with advance notice. For the convenience of our guests, snacks and beverages are always available-and don’t miss the Wilbur Buds in the candy dish near the front door.
There is ample off-street private guest parking behind the inn. Access to the parking lot is off of Juniper Street, around the block.
Lititz is also known for being home to several of the country’s oldest traditions: the country’s oldest pretzel bakery, the nation’s oldest girls’ boarding school, and the oldest continuous Independence Day celebration. A visit to Lititz is truly a step back in time–the streets and buildings reminiscent of hometowns of yesteryear.
John and Lynndell are always happy to make provide recommendations and assist in making reservations. Choose from fine dining or casual venues, everything from family-style service to ethnic specialties. With prior arrangement, we can even arrange a dinner in an Amish home. Of course, advance notice helps ensure your dining preference.
Restaurants We Recommend:
- Shady Maple Smorgasbord, located near Honey Brook
- Lily’s on Main, located in Ephrata
- General Sutter’s 1764 Restaurant, located on Main Street
- The Chocolate Café, located on Main Street.
Additional links and information:
- Sturgis Pretzel House & Bakery Tour
- Wilbur Chocolate Candy Museum
- Lititz Springs Park
- Linden Hall School For Girls
- Lititz shopping and information
- Pennsylvania Directory
- Pennsylvania Tourism & Lodging Association
- Pennsylvania Dutch Convention & Visitor’s Bureau
- Lancaster County Bed & Breakfast Inns Association
- Lititz Retailers Association
Current weather for Lititz, PA.
Alden House Bed and Breakfast
John & Lynndell Eccleston, Innkeepers
62 East Main Street
Lititz, PA 17543